Machine Tool Chip Conveyors
Titan was founded in 1981 on the premise that we could make a superior hinged steel belt conveyor for moving chips out of metalworking operations. A key Titan advantage is our exclusive tight tolerance Radial Sidewing which alleviates the most common frustrations with traditional scrap chip conveyors.
– Jams and belt damage caused by material scrap carry back and seepage into the return track.
– Belt wear caused by material pressed and pinched in the sidewings.
Other benefits include tough 10 gauge frames, all welded construction, and a wide range of standard and custom features and options.
There is simply no comparison to Titan chip conveyors and those provided as original equipment.
Challenge and Solution
A machine shop producing a high volume of chips continuously could not shut down the chip scrap conveyor to change bins. Titan offered a discharge chute with a pant leg configuration and a pneumatic diverter to shift the flow of chips from one side of the pant leg to the other.
Conveyors are available with either a stamped side wing or our exclusive radial side wing which virtually eliminates jamming with small chips and fines. Chip conveyor models are available with many options including drive locations, liquid tight bottom pan. Typical model used for chip conveyors:
- Model 102 low profile slider bed for the very narrowest of spaces is required
- Model 610 when the in-feed requires the lowest possible profile
- Model 620 for most applications
- Model 670 Drag Chain Conveyor is the choice for carrying cast iron, fine chips, sludge and scrap that would normally jam a hinged steel belt unit.